We all have our favorite condoms. Some men prefer lubricated while some go for the ribbed. Your condom choice has as much to do with your partner’s preference as it does your own so make sure you take their needs into consideration before purchasing. Here are what are customers tell us are their favorites!
- Lubricated. Condoms can be pre-lubricated with dry silicone, jellies or creams. Some of the pros – they are less likely to break during intercourse and can prevent irritation. Cons – they really don’t come with enough lubrication to enhance the experience, so you will have to add your own.
- Extra Thin. We get it. Most men prefer the skin-to-skin sensation that can only be achieved without a condom. The closest, safest way to achieve a similar effect is with extra thin condoms. Because they are thinner than the industry standard, they provide the most natural feeling. Pros – increased stimulation. Cons – more prone to breakage. Remember to use plenty of lubricant!
- Ribbed. Ribbed condoms are generally thought of as for your partner’s pleasure, but they can also provide you with extra stimulation. Ribbed condoms have little raised ridges running around them which have been strategically placed to create added sexual sensation. Some of you say that you can’t feel anything when you wear a standard condom, but when you use a ribbed one the extra texture can lead to greater friction and enjoyment. The ridges can add pleasure to both the penis and the vaginal wall giving extra sensation to both of you.
- Sensation Condoms. These condoms usually pair heating and cooling lubricants together to give you and your partner a dual sensation. While some couples love the tingling and cooling feelings, other find it a distraction.
- Lamb Condoms. If you have a latex allergy, lambskin condoms may be your best solution. The world’s first condoms were made from lamb or sheep’s intestines and the technology has not changed much in the last 2000 years. Pros – because they do not contain any plant based or synthetic components, they are the most natural feeling. They also adapt more quickly to you and your partner’s body temperature. Cons – they are most expensive and DO NOT protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Flavored Condoms. Because you can transmit STD’s during oral sex—everything from gonorrhea to syphilis to herpes, condoms should be used. And now there are more choices than ever! Everything from garlic flavored (not my personal choice) to Scotch Whiskey flavored (that sounds better) are available to supplement the traditional flavors of banana, cherry, strawberry, peppermint and watermelon.
- Novelty Condoms. Although these are usually given as a gag gift, even novelty condoms can be effective so long as they are FDA approved. Glow in the dark condoms continue to be popular, long after everyone has forgotten about John Ritter’s hilarious scene in Skin Deep!