Pleasure products manufacturer Sola is touting the results of a global survey, the 2019 Sola Sex Study, that suppports “the sex-positivity and sex-intelligence of sex toy owners.” The results show that sex toy owners are smarter than non-sex toy owners when it comes to sex and sexuality.
Sola has published the results on their official blog as well as through their social media channels. “We never felt a need to dumb down sex for our audience because we already had a good idea they are intelligent, but it’s nice to see the statistics solidify just how sexually sophisticated they are,” said marketing director Ducky DooLittle.
The survey results include the following:
- “Pleasure product owners, as a whole, learn about sex primarily through reading books, blogs and magazines; they also learn through personal exploration, health classes and pornography.”
- 92.2% of pleasure product owners “know exactly where their G-spot is located.”
- 56.3% of woman-identified sex toy owners report their G-spot is “their favorite erogenous body part.”
- Sex toy owners are “unapologetically experienced, sighting 16-25 years of sexual experience, and own ten or more adult novelties.”
- 50% love “vibration in their sex toys.”
- 82% enjoy “toy play without a partner.”
- 35.9% use toys “externally during partner play.”
Additionally, among all respondents, “70.3% were woman-identified, 15.6% were man-identified and 14.1% identified as being non-binary. And 62.5% of those participating in the study were between 25 and 40 years of age,” a rep said.
Adopted from Adams, JC. (2/11/19) XBiz Magazine